Friday, August 24, 2012

Seasons off Stilllness

These last six days in Port Moresby have been sweet and full.   I have had this peace and joy down deep in me that has kept me full on the insides as we have been running around the ship preparing for outreach 6.  It's kindof like when you see the water at sunrise, and it looks like glass because it is so still and peaceful.  I have definitely not been riding this feeling constantly over the last 5 weeks in PNG. The waters have been shaken at times. But since the decision has been made to stay on board still waters at my subterranean levels have been present and steady.  By God's grace I hope to keep steady here as we prepare to leave the harbor.  PNG is known for being the land of the unexpected, so like anywhere else there are many ways that the water can lose its glassy appearance.  Other boats, the change of the tide and wind have all caused the water around the Pacific Link to rock even while docked.   Now is the time for setting sail,  and i have been super thankful for these last few days of being in the harbor. I am hoping and expecting God to do a new work in the Western Province. I will try to keep you posted as much as possible.

No comments: